What is Ayurveda?
Ayurveda – The science of Life
Ayurveda is the time-tested, natural, prevention-oriented and holistic health care system of ancient India. It is free of negative side effects and offers economical solutions to the major current health problems worldwide.
It advocates that living in harmony with the nature and maintaining the harmony between body, mind and spirit contributes to a long and healthy life. Any imbalance in this harmony results in disease. The focus of Ayurveda is on preventive and curative aspects.
These elements are represented by three dosha ‘energies’ known as Vata, Pitta and Kapha. Every individual has a distinct balance of these doshas and our health depends on maintaining a healthy balance of all three elements.
The Ayurveda regimes are tailored to each person's unique prakriti (Ayurvedic constitution), taking into account the individual needs for nutrition, exercise, personal hygiene, social interaction and other lifestyle factors. The Ayurvedic healing approach to treatments is based on shodhana (cleansing/detox) and shamana (neutralising the imbalances through mostly herbal medicine).
Benefits of Ayurveda Panchakarma
- Relieves insomnia
- Removes extra fat and retunes the body
- Reduces physical and mental stress
- Enhances proper digestion
- Improves metabolic activities of the body
- Improves hormonal balance
- Tones up muscles and skin
- Enhances blood circulation
- Rejuvenates and replenishes the deeper tissues of the body
- Helps prevent internal and external aging, delays the aging process
- Tackles menopause and andropause-related issues
- Addresses infertility issues
- Improves skin texture, complexion and beautifies the body
- Boosts energy and vitality
- Prevents disease and promotes good health
- Helps to rejuvenate body, mind and soul
- Replenishes the reservoir of mental vitality and health
- Strengthens all systems of body to achieve sound health and longevity
- Restores balance in the body, mind and consciousness
Proven expertise of Ayurveda
Ayurveda is recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO) as the world's oldest comprehensive health care system and is indigenous to India where it is widely practiced.
Ayurveda helps in managing and healing a disease from its root or cause. It assists with:
- skin conditions like psoriasis, eczema and allergic skin conditions
- respiratory illness like asthma, allergies, recurrent respiratory infections
- obesity, joint disorders, rheumatic disorders, spinal disorders, fatigue, migraine, thyroid disorders, infertility, hypertension, anxiety, depression, insomnia, hormonal imbalances, irritable bowel syndrome, gastritis, constipation, liver and kidney disorders and much more
What is it going to be like for me?
Our experienced doctors will do an initial in-depth consultation to identify your body-mind constitution, balances and imbalances of bioenergies, status of digestive fire, physical and mental state. You get to share all your concerns and problems regarding your health and discuss them with the doctor. The treatments and type of Panchakarma detox procedure suitable for each individual will only be decided after this initial consultation. This is the reason why you will not find any pre-designed packages on our website - in Ayurveda, one size does definitely not fit all!
We offer a genuine Ayurveda Panchakarma experience, not a spa vacation. Our emphasis on traditional Ayurveda guidelines will ensure that the balance of your body is restored and you get to enjoy the benefits for a long time to come. Please note that to achieve this, certain diet restrictions may apply and there are times when you will experience discomfort and some treatments that you do not enjoy. However, this is part of the whole process and well worth the results!