What are your COVID-19 pandemic safety protocols?
Given the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have implemented new protocols for our staff and guests at Oneworld Ayurveda. We request that you abide by these protocols for the safety of all our guests, staff, and their families.
What Guests Should Expect From Us
- Employees are screened for body temperature when entering work and during their break time. If employees exhibit a temperature of greater than 37.5°C, they are asked to return home.
- Employees practice social distancing with guests and keep a minimum distance of 2m where possible—physical contact is minimized except during the treatments.
- Employees sanitize and/or wash hands frequently before and after work-related activities and also clean and disinfect their work areas.
- Employees are required to wear face masks when at work and while interacting with guests or other staff.
- Rooms are serviced based on guest preference. Rooms are accessed only when the guest is not present to minimize physical contact.
- All rooms in the Treatment Centre are disinfected daily.
- All equipment in the Treatment Centre is disinfected between each use.
- Guests are assigned sanitized yoga mats and props.
- For yoga, adjustments can be performed by the instructor during practice based on guest preference.
What We Expect From Our Guests
- Guests’ body temperature is screened daily during the consultation with the doctor.
- Guests should inform the doctors as soon as possible if they have any COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms—fever, headache, nausea, fatigue, diarrhea, sore throat, dry cough breathing difficulties, changes or loss in taste, or smell sensations.
- We do not allow visitors to meet you during your stay at the centre unless permitted by our doctors.
- Guests are not allowed to leave the centre during their stay unless it is an emergency.
- Hand sanitizer stations are placed throughout the centre. We request guests to wash or sanitize their hands frequently including when entering the Treatment Centre, your room, dining area, and other common areas.
- Please follow sanitation guidelines provided by the World Health Organization. A copy of these guidelines is available in your room.
Is Ayurveda an evidence-based science?
Do you offer packages or specific programs?Our experienced doctors will do an initial in-depth consultation to identify the body-mind constitution, balances, and imbalances of bioenergies, the status of digestive fire, physical and mental status, etc. The treatments and type of Panchakarma detox procedure suitable for each individual will only be decided after this initial consultation. This is the reason why you will not find any pre-designed packages on our website – in Ayurveda, one size definitely does not fit all!
How is the length of my Panchakarma calculated?We count in nights, not days. Your Panchakarma begins the next morning of your arrival day. On the last day, there will still be morning treatments if your travel schedule allows.
Can I come for a spa vacation to Oneworld Ayurveda?No, we are not a spa in the traditional sense. Our centre specialised in offering a true Panchakarma, focusing on healing the body, mind, and spirit. The prescribed treatment is done under the supervision of doctors and is individually drawn up for each guest. The minimum stay is 7 days.
What does authentic Panchakarma mean?Experiencing Panchakarma is beyond a spa wellness holiday and is different for each person. We offer authentic Panchakarma – what does that mean? It is a common misconception that a PK is only authentic when it involves drinking ghee for 3-5 days, followed by purgation and eating repetitive food like kitchadi every day. However, there are many other considerations taken into account. The doctors will look at your age, bio-energies, imbalances, the status of digestive fire, disease and its stage, extent of ama/endotoxins, the seat of toxins, and many other factors before deciding which treatment is best suited for you and selecting the detox method. Depending on your condition and progress during the PK, you might undergo several detoxes but it is very rare that one person has all five methods. When the endotoxins are deep-seated, an external and internal oleation or snehana will be chosen. This treatment involves drinking ghee or oil or adding them to a soup or rice. But maybe a medicated oil enema, dripping oil into the ears, an oil massage, or a bath are the best options for you, not to mention the many localised oil treatments for knees, lower back, etc. Next comes formentation (Sweden) using external dry or wet heat. This includes poultices, herbal baths, steam therapy, mild exercise or yoga etc. In addition to the above, your digestive fire will be improved and undigested matter (ama) removed by herbal medicines prescribed by the doctors. All these stages are important to remove the deep-seated endotoxins from the tissues. Once they are ready for this, the right detox method will be chosen for you. And sometimes the endotoxins are already ripe for removal and no fomentation or oleation is needed at all. In cases like this, it is important that the endotoxins are removed as soon as possible. Read more here »
Will I be fasting during my stay?Food is an important part of Panchakarma and your meals will be well-balanced according to the guidelines of Ayurveda. In general, you will enjoy three delicious meals daily, healthy and balanced for you. On the detox day(s), you will have a special diet with little food to make sure you get the maximum benefits from the detox.
Can I keep up my exercise routine during my stay?During Panchakarma, we advise you to do no sports resulting in breaking out in perspiration. There will be gentle yoga and meditation offered twice daily, you can go for walks in the beautiful rice fields or in the herbal gardens.
Is your resort wheel chair accessible?Being located on a beautiful hillside next to rice fields, we have many steps. Therefore, guests with physical difficulties should inform us about their condition before booking. The resort is not suitable for wheelchairs.
What is included in the price?Our prices are all-inclusive of accommodation, meals, treatments, initial diagnosis, daily doctor consultations, medicines, cultural activities, yoga, meditation, herbal walks, inland transfers, etc. Government taxes and service charges are also included. For the special discounted price, transfers to/from the airport or your accommodation in Bali are excluded and can be arranged with additional cost.
How can I pay for my Panchakarma?A non-refundable deposit of 50% of the price of your Panchakarma is requested to secure your booking. This is paid to Oneworld Ayurveda PayPal account or bank account. The remainder is to be paid upon arrival by Indonesia Rupiah, Visa, or MasterCard. Additional purchases during your stay in our spa, gift shop, laundry service, or any other extras can be paid for by Indonesia Rupiah, Visa, or Mastercard.
What if I have to cancel my reservation?We regret that Oneworld Ayurveda cannot offer refunds for any reason. However, the 50% deposit payment may be applied to other dates within 12 months from the original Panchakarma date. The deposit is also transferable to friends and family. Cancellation of your booking will forfeit your deposit. Please note that we do not offer credit for arriving late or leaving early, and there are no partial refunds for any services not used during your Panchakarma.
Can I extend my stay at Oneworld Ayurveda? Is it possible to book additional programs?You are welcome to arrive earlier and/or extend your stay. Depending on availability you could add on a night or two. We can also assist you in booking accommodation elsewhere and offer various journeys to explore other parts of Bali. However, please bear in mind that we advise you to go sightseeing BEFORE a PK rather than afterward.
Should I bring anything special for my Panchakarma?Once the reservation is confirmed we will send you an email with all relevant information. You will need yoga clothes if you intend to join our daily classes. No mats are needed, we have plenty. Remember that we are in the tropics, so no need to bring warm clothing, though you may want to bring a wrap or a cardigan. Due to the use of medicated oils during your treatments, there can be some staining. We, therefore, provide you with a comfortable outfit to wear during your stay with us as well as flip-flops. As we will use a lot of medicated oils with herbs during your Panchakarma, there can be some staining. Therefore, we recommend not to bring expensive clothing (including underwear) to wear during the program. For our community… If you have clothing, shoes, hats, a used laptop computer, or whatever you think could be useful for people that are less fortunate, do not hesitate to bring them as a donation to the village people. It is absolutely not necessary, yet it will certainly be appreciated.
Where do I fly into?The only airport in Bali is International Ngurah Rai Denpasar (DPS).
Do I need a Visa?The Indonesian Government now allows International travelers from 72 countries to enter Bali with Visa on Arrival (VoA) at IDR 500,000. It is valid for 30 days and can be extended to another 30 days only. The 72 countries are:
- Brunei Darussalam
- East Timor
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
- United Arab Emirates
- Brunei Darussalam
What will a typical day be like during my Panchakarma?Everybody’s experience will be different. And each day different events will be scheduled. Just to give you an idea of what your day could look like, here is a brief outline: The gong sounds early, gently waking you up in time for your medication. Time for yoga and meditation in the beautiful yoga hall overlooking the stunning rice fields or just relax on your balcony or in the gardens, taking a morning walk. Then it is time for breakfast before you meet with the doctor and start your daily treatments in the Panchakarma treatment centre. The duration and number of your treatments will vary, depending on which stage you are at. We often hold talks in the morning, some on Ayurveda, others are cooking demonstrations. After lunch, there is time to yourself for relaxation before your scheduled afternoon treatments. This might be followed by a walk through the spectacular rice fields. Early evening there is a meditation class and then it is time to enjoy dinner.
What do I need to know before planning my Panchakarma?
- If you are planning to travel in addition to doing a Panchakarma (PK), we recommend that you do so beforehand. The deep cleansing technique triggers the body’s innate healing process which does not stop on the last day of treatment. Therefore, it is really important not to go traveling afterward but to ease your way back into your activities. The slow-down or recovery phase we advise is equivalent to the number of days of your PK. For example, if you have done ten days allow at least a ten-day recovery phase for the body and mind. Not always easy to do, but try!
- We offer authentic PK. Ayurveda tells us to get plenty of rest, keep warm, and protect ourselves from excessive sunlight and wind. Therefore avoid sunbathing, swimming, going into Ubud to shop, or undertaking excursions during your PK. Observe your thoughts and experiences and travel inwards instead. Doing a PK is giving the self ‘me time, it is a gift of rejuvenation to the body, mind, and soul that we all so deserve.
What are the check-in and check out times?Check in time 14:00 Check out time 12 noon We will do our best to accommodate any late check-out requests but these cannot be guaranteed and depends on availability. If your plane is leaving late, and late check out is not possible, you can still stay at the retreat but will need to vacate your room by 12 noon. We can store your luggage and you can use the showers in the Treatment center and we will be happy to serve you lunch and dinner, depending on your departure time.
Concerned about the volcano?The danger zone is currently 4km from the volcano and the alarm level has been lowered to 3. Ubud is a two-hour drive away from Mt Agung, so life here goes on here uninterrupted. The volcano has been quiet and there have been no issues with ash rain. Of course, nobody can say with 100% guarantee what will happen and we do understand your concerns. So, here is what we can guarantee you:
- Should you not be able to leave Bali on your reserved flight because of airport closure, we will extend your stay at Oneworld Ayurveda and you can stay with us for up to three nights without any cost.
- If desired, we will help organize transportation to the closest airports operating and do our best to assist you with rebooking your flights.
- We will assist you with any visa extensions necessary through our own visa agent.
- In case of ash fall, our resort is well stocked with high-quality dust masks and all other necessary supplies.
Do you have Wi fi connection?Free Wi-fi connection is available at the center, yet please keep in mind the internet in Bali is not always reliable. You may work or use gadgets during your free time though it is suggested to avoid any loud noise to keep guest’s conveniences.